Saturday, January 17, 2009

Three Stages of Christmas Cookies: Part 1


Every year my sister, mom and I spend a weekend baking Christmas cookies, and although we bake more than enough for everyone, I always try to bake a couple of varieties on my own to accommodate my own tastes. Being a mint and chocolate combo addict, I decided to try making Chocolate Mint Crinkles, a recipe from a baking community on livejournal.

The recipe is fairly simple, just mix the ingredients together and refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours. The painstaking and messy part is rolling the dough into balls and then coating them in powdered sugar.


While the final product looked pretty fantastic, I wasn't too impressed with these cookies. They were good, but compared to the two other cookie varieties I make at Christmastime, they were rather lackluster.

No comments: