Friday, March 27, 2009

Junior Mint Brownies

I've admitted it many times before, but I'll admit it again. I'm a sucker for anything that has mint and chocolate in it. So I'm a huge fan of these Junior Mint Brownies from Cooking Light.

I've been pretty obsessed with this recipe since I found it. And, since switching to Dutch Processed Cocoa, these brownies are oh-so-chocolatey and decadent, even though they are lower in fat than most brownies.

To start, melt butter and 3 oz. of Junior Mints in the microwave. Set aside.



In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and in another separate bowl combine sugar, cocoa, eggs and egg whites. Then add the mint mixture to the eggs/cocoa mixture. Finally, slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. Don't forget to lick the beaters!



Scoop the mixture into an 8 in. by 8 in. pan that is coated lightly in cooking spray. Spread evenly. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (It usually takes about 26 minutes for our oven). Enjoy!

No comments: