Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Classic Potato Salad

After buying countless potato salads at the grocery that were subpar, often with uncooked potatoes, we decided it was time to attempt our own. As usual, I searched for a recipe that contain many of the desired ingredients and then I adapted it a bit to our tastes. I ended up settling on Cooking Light's Classic Potato Salad.

First we started out by cooking the potatoes to the consistency that we like, which is firm yet tender. I also boiled the eggs in another pan. While those cooked, I prepped the celery (btw, we added about 3 times the amount of celery because we love the added crunch) and the red onion. I also drained off the pickle relish (I used dill instead of sweet because I don't like sweet pickle relish, and we already had dill in the house). I then tossed everything into a bowl.



Then I moved onto whisking the dressing, which was made up of cider vinegar, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.



The end results were fantastic, although I thoroughly expect that we will start playing with the favors some more in future attempts.

1 comment:

Lo said...

Love this classic dish. Just in time for picnic season!

Definitely play with the flavors! I'll be eager to see what you come up with.