Thursday, January 19, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Dip


Dan has talked about our addiction to Pinterest before, and here's another recipe based off of a pin I discovered.

Often when I find an interesting recipe on Pinterest, I'll take a look at the ingredients to get a general idea of how it's made and then I go into the recipe and make it my own way based off the flavors I like or what I have in my cupboards. That's exactly what I did with this Loaded Baked Potato Dip.

The original recipe appeared in the January 2011 Southern Living. While their recipe was good, I always like to add a little mayo to a sour cream-based dip to help enhance the tangy aspects of sour cream. I also added a bit of garlic powder because I'm a huge fan of a little garlic on my baked potatoes.

We served our dip with Alexia waffle fries, which are pre-seasoned with a little seasoned salt. I also purposefully did not add salt to the dip knowing there would be a fair amount of salt on the fries, which I turned out to be right.

The combination of the dip and the seasoning on the fries was perfect and tasted like the best loaded baked potato I've ever had. We will definitely be making this one again.


Loaded Baked Potato Dip

16 ounces light sour cream
1/4 cup light mayo
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
5 bacon strips, crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
hot sauce to taste

1. Combine ingredients in large bowl. Suggested served with waffle fries.

No comments: