Sunday, January 18, 2009

Three Stages of Christmas Cookies: Part 2


Frosted sugar cookies are one of my dad's favorite cookies, as well as a favorite of Dan's and my own. For the past couple of years, my sister and I have gotten together to make and decorate sugar cookies to give to my dad for Christmas. In the past, because of lack of time, we have purchased pre-made cutouts that simply needed to be put on a pan and baked. This year I decided to make our own using Penzey's Spices No-Chill Cut Out Cookies recipe.

The recipe couldn't be simpler and starts by creaming together butter and sugar. Once done you add the remainder of the ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.


Then roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out your shapes.


Then bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and cool on a rack.

Once cooled, you can frost the cookies using the recipe found with the cookies. However, I did not use that recipe. Instead I used a recipe very similar to that one that uses water instead of milk -- a recipe I've learned from my mother.

No comments: