Monday, October 11, 2010

Adventures of Peachdom: Peachy Peach Ice Cream



Earlier this summer, I was swimming in peaches after deciding to buy a half bushel of peaches from Tree Ripe, a service that delivers seasonal fruit straight from the orchards in Georgia and Florida. While I had purchased oranges from the service before, this was the first time I had bought peaches from them, and let me tell you, they were the best peaches I have ever eaten.

But I had a dilemma: I needed to figure out how to use up a half bushel of peaches before they all went bad. I figured peach ice cream would be easy enough and, sure enough, it was once I found this recipe. Simply cut up peaches, process 2/3 of them and slightly process the last 1/3. Yes, I was lazy and used the food processor.

I then chilled the mixture and then ran it through the ice cream maker and left it in the freezer to harden. The end result was a wonderfully light and peachy ice cream. I quickly learned the ice cream made a mean Strawberry Peach Float using Sprecher's limited edition Strawberry soda.


No comments: