Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vanilla Bean Pudding

Remember way back when I took the leap into buying three vanilla beans from Penzeys Spices? Well, I decided my final vanilla adventure would be vanilla pudding. I've only really made real live pudding that didn't come from a box twice in my life, this being my second time, but it really is easier than I thought.

Let me tell you, I love, love, love pudding, but I've sworn off the cartons and boxes for various reasons, mainly because they are processed foods and they actually still contain a small amount of trans fat. So after a year of so of not eating one of my favorite snacks, I decided this would be the perfect way to add it back into my diet.

The recipe was simple enough and "healthy." Dan and I enjoyed our little treat that was packed with vanilla flavor*. The only thing I would have changed was that I would have run the pudding through a sieve immediately after cooking to get any lumps or egg bits out. I realize the recipe probably didn't require this because you may lose some of those wonderful vanilla specks, but I'm not a big fan of clumpy puddings.

And thus begins my new adventure into puddings.

*We ate this so fast we forgot to take a picture! Whoops!

No comments: