- 4 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly horizontally sliced green beans
- 3/4 cup diced ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
1. Break up rice with hands to remove large clumps, if necessary.
2. Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. Add canola oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add 1 1/2 cups onion and garlic to wok; stir-fry 1 minute or until onion begins to brown. Add beans and ham; stir-fry 2 minutes or until ham begins to brown.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add cold rice to wok; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper. Push rice mixture up sides of wok. Pour eggs in open space in center of wok; cook 30 seconds or until set, stirring to scramble. Gently stir scrambled eggs into rice mixture. Sprinkle with green onions.