Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reese's Pieces Cookies

Our local grocery store has sold Reese's Pieces cookies that we have been addicted to for years, but they're over-priced and probably use ingredients I'd prefer not to ingest. Although cookies are obviously not the most healthy of items, I do prefer to have more control over what goes into my food.

So I decided to search out a recipe that would allow me to make these fantastic cookies at home. During that search I came across a fantastic basic cookie dough that can use any mix-ins at the Notes on a Recipe blog and, ever since making these for the first time, I haven't stopped making them. Mainly because they've been in demand by everyone who have tried them.


Basic Cookie Dough

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/4 cup AP flour (you could use half AP flour and half whole wheat pastry flour if you want to feel just a little better about eating cookies)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar with a mixer till fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
Mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
Add 1 cup chocolate chips, crumbled toffee, M&Ms or whatever else you want.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These cookies are CHRONIC!