To begin, we caramelized red onions in butter and olive oil.
Honeycrisp Apple, Caramelized Onion and Blueberry Cheddar Pizza
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium or large honeycrisp apple, sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 to 4 ounces blueberry cheddar
1. Caramelize red onions in butter and olive oil.
2. Chop apples into fourths, then each fourth into slices, then each slice in half.
3. Saute the apples in butter and added in lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Lightly coat rolled-out dough in olive oil. Layer on caramelized onions, apples and blueberry cheddar.
5. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes.