Thursday, October 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies

Long story short, I've got an overabundance of reduced-fat peanut butter that I've been meaning to use somewhere, and last weekend I felt like baking. So I went to my favorite recipe spot, MyRecipes.com and searched for recipes involving peanut butter. What I found was Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies.

While this recipe was already healthier than most seeing that it came from Cooking Light Magazine, one of my favorite magazines, I made some adjustments to help it along more.

First, I used reduced-fat peanut butter and second, I used the Splenda sugar blend (If you use this, remember to use less than what the recipe calls for because Splenda is sweeter than regular sugar). While that helped to lessen the amount of Weight Watcher points in the end, I might have raised the points by doubling the recipe simply because there was more to eat. But it was worth it.

I ended up with a chewy/cakey brownie that hit the spot. Though I will admit, it tasted a little sweet to me, so I might reign in the amount of Splenda blend I use next time. And there will be a next time because Dan loved these and has taken them to work as a treat several times this week. My doubled recipe served 32 small brownies at 2 points each. The regular recipe (not doubled or adjusted) would serve 16 small brownies at 3 points each.


By the way, I also used light brown sugar instead of dark because that's all I had. I'm guessing that is why my brownies turned out especially light in color.

No comments: