Saturday, June 5, 2010

Orange Marmalade and Nueske's Bacon Burgers

It started out innocently enough. EatWisconsin (a fellow food blogger) tweeted to AJ Bombers (a great burger joint in downtown Milwaukee) about a possible burger combination: Orange Marmalade and Bacon Burgers.

Melissa happened to see that tweet and thought it would be a great idea for a burger. When she showed the tweet to me, I concurred.


Ah, yes. There it sits. I opted for the marmalade on the bottom. We used supreme lean ground beef and seasoned the patties with seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper. We used potato buns. And the bacon? Well, there was only one choice: Nueske's. Applewood-smoked bacon, to be precise.

The burger was great, but a tad overdone. (It wasn't as juicy as it could have been.) But the crisp, smoky bacon and the sweet marmalade were great contrasts. Dell. Ish. Us.

A note for the future. This burger is just a bit messy:

4 comments:

rcakewalk said...

This does sound like a good combination! Next time I'm grilling, I know what I'm going to do...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lo said...

... and I just so happen to have homemade marmalade on hand. Nice work guys. And I heartily approve of your choice in bacon!

Dan said...

Lo: We would not have settled for anything less, bacon-wise.