A few weeks ago, we met up with some other tea lovers in the Milwaukee area for a Twitter #teaclub meeting.
The meeting place? P.F. Chang's.
We don't eat Asian cuisine with much frequently, but after we ate there, we had a big ol' hankering for fried rice. So we grabbed a few veggies and set out to make some homemade Vegetable Fried Rice.
|Frying mushrooms, bean sprouts and carrots in sesame oil.|
Vegetable Fried Rice
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon sesame oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
4 cups cooked rice
1 cup peas
5 green onions, chopped
soy sauce to taste
1. In a large wok, cook the eggs with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, plus salt and pepper. Remove and set into a bowl; wipe out the wok.
2. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to wok and cook mushrooms, bean sprouts and carrots for about 5 minutes.
3. Make a whole in the middle of the wok and add rice. Cook until warm.
4. Add peas and cooked eggs and green onions and cook until warm.
5. Add soy sauce to taste. Serve.